For many organizations the need for a Content Management System (CMS) boils down to two main factors;
- Internal pressure: the desire to easily create and manage content in a more efficient manner and an awareness that solutions are available (at a price that is not preventative to using them)
- Legislation: As across the globe governments are tackling the accessibility of information and forcing organizations to comply.
However, it is important to recognize that CMS solutions themselves have also evolved to the point where they are now:
- Genuinely easy to use
- Easier to deploy with pre-built, modular applications
- Stable products that are constantly developed by dedicated developers
- Less costly (which in turn improves the return on investment)
- Standards enforcing - so that the legislative requirements can be met using the tools
- Strategically significant to organizations operations.