Why do I need to use headless platform?
A headless platform gives you a number of benefits. These include:
- Ability to create your own custom content types that can then be used to build further complex content types that are independent of the original database design.
- Freedom to develop interfaces based on your own standards without the constraints of your current CMS.
- The ability for you to distribute your content to multiple channels. For example desktop, mobile, phone, interactive screen, digital banners.
- A central place for all your content, rather than have it distributed across many different systems.
- Ability to access content using application programming interfaces (API).
- Ability to create custom publishing environments that are tailored to your admin requirements.
- Remove the dependence of your systems on specific systems. You can use API interfaces to access what you need from systems and replace them easily if your needs change.
- Ability to use microservices for speed and flexibility.
- Make changes quickly without the need to engineer your CMS; making it faster to get changes done.
- Developer friendly, no big learning curves for developers to understand new CMS/eCommerce platforms. Easy-to-learn API interface that gives them the ability to create anything using multiple sources of information.
- Ability to improve performance, by controlling exactly what you want to deliver to your visitor, without the overheads of a traditional CMS/eCommerce.
- Improved security through access to distinct APIs that can be controlled by the admin.
Read this next: Headless CMS vs Decoupled CMS: The Ultimate Guide